Poor Lindsey Graham! Despite being a rightwing jerk, he is apparently not rightwing jerky enough for the Republican Party of Fairfield County,
Virginia South Carolina, which passed a resolution Monday censuring Graham for “a long series of actions” that they “hold to be fundamentally inconsistent with the principles of the South Carolina Republican Party[.]” In fact, it’s the second county GOP group to pass such a resolution. Breitbart horcrux Matthew Boyle outlines some of Graham’s unspeakable offenses:
- Graham’s support of providing weapons to “Al Quaeda / Muslim Brotherhood Revolutionaries in Syria”
- How Graham “[s]upported amnesty but not border control”
- How he supported “NSA spying on private American citizens”
- “abridging the First Amendment for those who criticize the government”
- “restrictions on the Second Amendment”
- “Obama’s drone program against American citizens”
We especially love that last one, which sounds like it sneaked in from a Firedoglake forum and seems weirdly at odds with the first item — shame on Graham for seeking to arm Syrian rebels who may be allied with al-Qaeda! And shame on Graham for supporting Barack Obama’s drone program that blows up Americans allied with al-Qaeda! Fer shame, fer shame, fer shame!
The remaining particulars include a grab bag of wingnut paranoid rants; may as well throw a little of everything, right?
- “subordinating American sovereignty to the United Nations”
- “giving foreign aid to terrorist governments in the Middle East”
- “granting members of the Muslim Brotherhood high level positions in the US government”
- “giving taxpayer money to international organizations”
- “giving taxpayer money for excessive foreign aid generally, not just to terrorist governments in the Middle East”
And of course, the beauty of it is that they don’t really need to tie any of this to anything specific; just grab some crap off WND or Breitbart and suddenly Graham is an Obama-hugging RINO. We’d feel kind of bad for him if he hadn’t already made a career of talking tough and throwing hyperbole himself. Poor Lindsey Graham.