Do you people have any idea how hard it is to sift through all the insane rightwing mutterings about the reelection of Barack Obama so that we can bring you the very best? Neither do we! It all starts looking the same after about five minutes! And so, this collection of freakouts will, of necessity, be something of a sampler plate from the great smorgasbord that is the Great 2012 Wingnut Butthurtosphere.
Let’s start with a couple of threads from Free Republic:
- One practical-minded soul seeks Ideas about how to realistically “Go Galt”?
I plan to cancel cable tv, quit the health club, am putting off purchases that I had planned IF Romney had won.
Am happy to hear ideas…I have to say my spouse was literally in tears last night, thinking about what dangers we face (not just as a family but as a society and a nation). We prayed together, asking God to guide us. HE knew this was going to happen, and HE can use this for HIS glory.
We just want to be as wise as possible with the resources God has provided.
Other suggestions: Have 6 months of food on hand, buy guns, and consider emigrating, because “Central and south America have some really great spots for expat families, and the Philippines, where I am, is great for single guys.” And one hard-bitten realist notes,
Going Galt is impossible, the next best alternative is bankrupt the system. That is very easy, get it while you can, cut back on your income, go on food stamps, get your ebt card, try to fit your life into every hand out that you can possibly receive, start taking more than you contribute, take it down fast, but have your guns ready because the takers will freak out when it’s all gone!
In a similar thread, which also advocates soaking the system to bring about its collapse (a right-wing borrowing of the Cloward-Piven Strategy that Glenn Beck warned of), one genius explains that “A welfare ‘family’ receives anywhere from $40 – $60,000 per year in benefits.” Strangely, no one challenges this assertion. Should any of these twits actually live out their cherished “Maybe I’ll just get on welfare so’s I can live it up!” fantasy (they won’t), will they ever be in for a surprise!
- A couple of other Freepers who love America advocate more direct action. One asserts that U.S. Employment Discrimination Law Does Not Include Party Affiliation, and another, one “max americana,” announced he was going forward with his plan to fire a liberal whom he had “hired deliberately so we can fire him once Odumbo wins. Well, because I’m a man of my word, this puke will be fired at the end of the day.” He also explained that “we have our asses covered with multiple warning letters, memos etc. This was planned from the get-go.” That’s some efficient free market!
Others in the thread indicated doubt about its veracity. One suggested “Maybe you should just move him to the basement and steal his stapler.” Mr. Americana, who claims to “live and work in Hollywood,” also says that the following is his “nightly prayer”:
Dear Lord, please allow the Civil War to start in order for me to save my nation. We cannot co-exist with liberals and they really need to go. Kindly arm me with weapons and firearms that will make short work of these Godless heathens called liberals. Kicking them in the face and smashing their heads in with a baseball bat is not enough. If you wish for your religion to prosper, then liberals have to go. They don’t believe in You anyway, so give me the strength to destroy our enemies.
Mercy. What catalogue of horrors is portended by this horrific change, which will permanently alter the political landscape forever?
- 8 to 9 percent unemployment is the new normal. It’s good enough. 46 million people on food stamps is OK. It shows we care. Debt spending is good. It will get paid off some day and if not, our kids can worry about it. Trillion dollar deficits make sense.
Socialized medicine is good. It will cost more, but did you honestly believe it wouldn’t? It doesn’t matter what you were told. Catholics should pay for abortions. Sandra Fluke is a prophet. Abortions and birth control should be free. We should fund abortions overseas, too.
The First Lady should be allowed to blow millions on lavish vacations. The White House parties should cost millions, too. The president should play as much golf and basketball as he pleases. They deserve it. They work hard. They’re Democrats…
It’s not racist that 97% of blacks vote Democrat. It’s racist if you are white and vote Republican…
America was once the land of the free. Now we want to be told what to do. More government is good. We want stuff.
On Tuesday America changed.
But the fight is not over.
God help us in the days ahead.
Elsewhere, CNS News offers this damning evidence that Barack Obama is an intellectual lightweight who barely knows anything about this great land of ours (not his):
- In his re-election victory speech on Tuesday night, President Barack Obama referred to the United States as a singular “former colony,” when the United States was actually composed of 13 separate colonies prior to gaining independence from the British.
WND’s Joseph Farah says that America is utterly broken, and that Barack Obama done broke it:
- America has decisively turned the corner away from the constitutional principles of limited government and self-government with the re-election of Barack Obama.
There may be no way home for us.
For those of us who fundamentally reject Obama’s policies, things are going to get very rough for the next four years. We have allowed our fellow Americans to pronounce judgment on the nation.
That’s what Obama represents to me – God’s judgment on a people who have turned away from Him and His ways and from everything for which our founders sacrificed their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor.
The nation is divided like never before – intentionally so. That has been Obama’s game plan from the beginning
Gosh-darn that Barack Obama, for being so darn divisive! Americans were getting along so splendidly with each other until he came along!
And finally, of course, there’s Breitbart.com’s Ben Shapiro, who declared #WAR:
- We will not heel. We will not stop. The defeat of Barack Obama would have launched the beginning of America coming together. But apparently, liberal America prefers to battle for the soul of the country.
And so we battle.
Democracy works. We still believe in democracy. We still believe in the power of ideas. But the only way to win in the battle of ideas is to fight the bullies, as Andrew did. Democracy is not blood; that’s a miracle. But the civil war for the heart and soul of this country is real…
The war begins now.
Yes, this is how democracy dies. Not with a bang, but with a hashtag.Related