Man, it is like you cannot even tenderly explain that “some girls, they rape so easy” without everyone making a FEDERAL CASE OUT OF IT. Paul Ryan is the latest fair-weather friend to drop an endorsement of poor misunderstood Wisconsin Rep. Roger Rivard, just for explaining his own father’s nuanced words of wisdom about how
there may be hazy, ambiguous times when there is miscommunication about consent chicks will pretty much lie you to prison. We, as feminists in good standing, are happy to stipulate that in fact a girl lying about rape is possible, and in fact has happened at some points in history and in great literature! When we were explaining to our son about rape, though, we forgot to advise him to watch out lest bitchez accuse him of it some day, and just told him he was not to do it. So that is probably why it seems weird to us that by Rivard’s account his father didn’t seem too terribly concerned with making sure his son didn’t, say, actually rape people, but instead was being all like Kantian and/or postmodern about perception and stuff!
“What the whole genesis of it was, it was advice to me, telling me, ‘If you’re going to go down that road, you may have consensual sex that night and then the next morning it may be rape.’ So the way he said it was, ‘Just remember, Roger, some girls, they rape so easy. It may be rape the next morning,'” Rivard told the Journal Sentinel.
But let us get to the important question: Should you give an opinion on rape? Let’s explore the answer in a safe place, after the jump!
- Are you planning on running for office, or currently an officeholder?
- Are you a man?
- Are you a member of a party that has tried to weaken laws regarding violence against women?
- Are you now or have you ever been in a fraternity? If so, did your frat ever get kicked off campus for throwing a We Saw, We Conquered, We Came party?
- Do you believe rape is only rape if the raper was a black man and the rapee was in possession of a chiffarobe?
- Is your opinion on rape anything other than “Don’t rape”? Is it a little more “nuanced”?
Then no, probably don’t give an opinion on rape.
GIVE US MONEY! -