- Koch-gobbling weirdo Rick Scott is about to sign a bill that would require welfare recipients to undergo routine drug testing. Better still, this new legislation makes the poor people pay for their own drug tests! (Do you need welfare money, for food? No sir, you need that money to pay for your drug test.) Anyway: “Recipients who test positive for drugs would lose their benefits for a year. If they fail a second time, they lose the benefits for three years. Parents who test positive must designate another adult to receive benefits on behalf of their children.” Sounds legit. Just another assault on poor people that will go entirely unnoticed. Pass the hobo beans! (What hobo beans? Oh, you mean this delicious drug test? Yummy in the tummy.) [McClatchy]
- U.S. death robots killed eight brown people in Pakistan. Were they evil terrorists, or simple farmers? Who cares! [BBC]
- “In Iraq, assassinations are a nightly event.” Looks like we really are spreading Democracy. Hooray! [WaPo]
- Hey, look: here’s a murderer who got a trial. Good for him. [CNN]
- Some asshole agrees with Sarah Palin, on Twitter! He’s probably a racist.
Hey there, Wonkeputians! Shypixel here with a few helpful links to ease your transition to Disqus - Claiming Old Accounts -
Claiming Your ID Comments [Looking into whether this is still possible - Shy] - Turning off Disqus Notifications. And, as always, remember our Commenting Rules For Radicals, Enjoy!