- BP and the Coast Guard are reporting that the reverse-cowgirl-static-kill-
butt-well-plug was successful and that only 25% of the oil spilled is still in the Gulf of Mexico. Time to pop the bubbly and eat some shrimp…oh wait, there’s no shrimp left? Damn. Um, how about some oysters…no oysters? Uh, let’s have crabs, yeah crabs. Oh those are dead too? Fine, I’ll guess I’ll eat cat food. [Boston Globe]
- Despite all the clamoring about using vessels of opportunity and local fisherman to skim the oil from the Gulf, they only managed to recover 3% of the oil spilled. Check out these sexy oil pie charts. [Deepwater Horizon Response]
- Oil companies (sans BP) say that they will have a better response system and plan in place for deepwater accidents. They’re wicked sorry they didn’t have plans in place before the Gulf of Mexico died. Next time they’ll do better. [New Orleans Times-Picayune]
- For their next act, oil companies will take part in the War on Christmas, and pour oil on Santa Claus and Rudolph. [The Nation]
- Work to clean up the damage from the oil spill will go on for a long, long, time. [Salon]
Hey there, Wonkeputians! Shypixel here with a few helpful links to ease your transition to Disqus - Claiming Old Accounts -
Claiming Your ID Comments [Looking into whether this is still possible - Shy] - Turning off Disqus Notifications. And, as always, remember our Commenting Rules For Radicals, Enjoy!