- With handsome devil Carte Goodwin scheduled to be sworn in as Robert Byrd’s seat-warming replacement sometime today, Democrats (plus the reliable communist ladies from Maine) should be able to break the Republican filibuster and get that lucrative government money flowing to the unemployed again, huzzah! Plus they plan to spend the whole midterm campaigning telling the millions of jobless that John Boehner personally kept their checks in his office so that they couldn’t be mailed out. [NYDN]
- Speaking of West Virginia, who will win/run for the Robert Byrd Memorial Waste Processing Plant and Senate Seat? Nate Silver, with whom you had a torrid Internet affair in the summer and fall of 2008, and whom you still remember fondly, discusses the possibilities. 
- The Senate Judiciary Committee’s vote on Elena Kagan’s nomination will happen today. It will be as boring as the rest of the whole process has been so far. [UPI]
- Georgia is having its primary today, for governor and a bunch of other stuff! Is anything funny happening there? We haven’t really been keeping track. [AP]
- The U.S. and South Korea will be holding a series of big military exercises in the Sea of Japan as a “first step in deterring North Korea,” a phrase that is not at all terrifying. [NYT]
Hey there, Wonkeputians! Shypixel here with a few helpful links to ease your transition to Disqus - Claiming Old Accounts - Claiming Your ID Comments - Turning off Disqus Notifications. And, as always, remember our Commenting Rules For Radicals, Enjoy!