- And now, the primary results you’ve all been waiting for … the race for the GOP nomination for South Carolina’s first congressional district! Wait, you weren’t waiting for this? Well, fuck you. Strom Thurmond’s son advanced to a runoff against the only black Republican in South Carolina’s state legislature. Bet you think it’s interesting now, huh? Jerk. [WP]
- Also in South Carolina: The establishment Democrat who had raised $200K for the honor of losing to Jim DeMint ended up getting clobbered by some unemployed lunatic, who will lose to Jim DeMint even more embarrassingly. [WP]
- Remember Sally Kern, the Oklahoma state legislator who said a bunch of hilariously overblown and viciously cruel things about the gays? Well, her opponent in November will probably be a transgender woman. [Tulsa World]
- Day One of the top California general elections and everybody’s already being mean. Brown on Whitman: “Do you hire somebody who … says, ‘Hey, I woke up one morning, I have this money, I think I’ll be governor’?” Boxer on Fiorina: “She has a horrific record, she hardly ever voted, she laid off 30,000 workers, she shipped their jobs to China, to Europe, to India. People suffered, she got all these perks and so I really look forward to this race.” Fiorina on Boxer: “on the very fringe of American politics,” “destructive elitism,” etc. [WP, WP]
- Oh, also, the Dutch are having their primary (or “election”) today! Look for the election to be won by crazy anti-Muslim parties, maybe, or left-wing ones? It is hard to tell, they have so many parties over there! [NYT]
December 13, 2013
Other Non-Liveblogged Primaries Also Merit Your Attention!
To improve site performance, we did a thing. It could be up to three minutes before your comment appears. DON'T KEEP RETRYING, OKAY?
Also, if you are a new commenter, your comment may never appear. This is probably because we hate you.