- How do we know this Jane Harman story has legs? The New York Times is reporting on it now, one whole day after the news broke on Congressional Quarterly‘s blog. [New York Times]
- Banks are just sittin’ on their TARP money instead of lending it out to the taxpayers who coughed up the cash in the first place. [ABC News]
- The accused “Craigslist Killer,” a man arrested for killing a masseuse at a fancy Boston hotel, is a BU student with a devoted fiancee. [AP]
- Everybody is laughing at President Obama’s request to his cabinet to find $100 million whole dollars in spending cuts in the budget. [US News and World Report]
- The Iranian President’s speech at the UN racism conference could have been even more objectionable if he hadn’t extemporaneously omitted a Holocaust-denial remark from his prepared text, so just be thankful. [AP]
- Miss California totally could have become Miss USA if Perez Hilton hadn’t asked her that question about gay marriage. [Newsday]
July 25, 2014
Hundred-Million-Dollar Punch Line
To improve site performance, we did a thing. It could be up to three minutes before your comment appears. DON'T KEEP RETRYING, OKAY?
Also, if you are a new commenter, your comment may never appear. This is probably because we hate you.