- The pilot who safely landed a US Airways jet in the Hudson River is amazing and awesome in a dozen different ways. Bold prediction: he gets one of those balcony seats next to Michelle for Barack Obama’s first State of the Union address. [New York Daily News]
- Congress agreed to release the second half of the original bailout funds, so that Barack Obama won’t look like an ineffectual loser. [New York Times]
- Eric Holder’s confirmation hearing testimony suggests the next administration will have a different approach to the media, in that they will not withhold information from the public just to be dicks. [San Francisco Chronicle]
- South Korea is sending a bunch of adorable pigs to North Korea, so that they can be eaten there. [AFP]
- Rural voters feel all left out and baffled about whether they still belong to America, now that a half-Muslin city slicker is running the show. (Answer: Yes, alas.) [Washington Post]
- Israel killed some Hamas muckety-muck, and it also bombed the UN headquarters in the north of Gaza City, WHOOPS. [Wall Street Journal]
Hey there, Wonkeputians! Shypixel here with a few helpful links to ease your transition to Disqus - Claiming Old Accounts - Claiming Your ID Comments - Turning off Disqus Notifications. And, as always, remember our Commenting Rules For Radicals, Enjoy!