- Leon Panetta, a former White House chief of staff to Bill Clinton, is Obama’s pick for C.I.A. Chief. If that sounds weird, that’s because it is, but Panetta was apparently the only candidate with “experience” who wasn’t somehow tied up with Bush’s seedy detention and interrogation schemes. [New York Times]
- CDR, the financial firm that cost Bill Richardson his Commerce Secretary position, is apparently entangled in many shady doings across our great nation, not just in New Mexico. [Los Angeles Times]
- Armed goons shot up the offices of Sri Lanka’s largest private television broadcaster. [BBC News]
- Logitech, which is almost certainly the maker of the mouse you use to surf the Internet for your precious porn, plans to cut back its non-manufacturing staff by 15 percent. [Wall Street Journal]
- Meg Whitman did such a fantastic job chairing John McCain’s Presidential campaign — he is the President now, after all! — that inside sources say she has decided to apply her great political skills to running for governor of California. [San Jose Mercury News]
- “Sasha was seen carrying a pink, magenta and gray backpack and wore blue jeans and a brown jacket with a hood. Her hair was pulled into two braids.” That is not a missing person’s report, that is a little puff-piece on the Obama sisters’ first day of school. [Washington Post]
Hey there, Wonkeputians! Shypixel here with a few helpful links to ease your transition to Disqus - Claiming Old Accounts - Claiming Your ID Comments - Turning off Disqus Notifications. And, as always, remember our Commenting Rules For Radicals, Enjoy!