- The bombs used in last week’s attacks in Mumbai sat undiscovered in bags in a pile of luggage for a week in the city’s main train station. Indian security authorities make the Bush Administration look competent. [Guardian]
- Holy wow, rates for 30-year fixed mortgages might go down to 4.5 percent. [San Jose Mercury News]
- Central banks in Europe and overseas are all cutting their rates hugely. [Reuters]
- The UAW said they would make “concessions” regarding employment security and retiree benefits for members in order to help with the Big Three bailout, but voter opposition to any kind of government rescue of Detroit is growing. [New York Times]
- Vladimir Putin’s widespread popularity in Russia is suffering now that all the oil barons are going broke. [Bloomberg]
- Lawsuits have been filed in Hawaii, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, California, Georgia and Mississippi alleging that Barack Obama may not have been born in the United States. [Honolulu Advertiser]
Dec 04 8:49 am 2008
Hey there, Wonkeputians! Shypixel here to remind you to remember our Commenting Rules For Radicals, Enjoy!