- “While it would be hard to categorize him as a doctrinaire Republican or conservative, Mr. McCain appears to have ceded some of his carefully cultivated reputation as a maverick.” [New York Times]
- A new poll detects an “enthusiasm gap” for Senator McCain but finds him running about even with Barack Obama among independent voters. [Washington Post]
- A Senate investigation found that top Pentagon brass were more involved than they at first said they were in coming up with the horrifying interrogation techniques used at Guantanamo. [Washington Post]
- Gay marrieds in California try not to make their weddings look too gay. [Los Angeles Times]
- Many Congressional leaders lost hundreds of thousands of dollars last year, and are still vastly wealthier than the people they represent. [The Hill]
- Barack Obama spoke at length with the Wall Street Journal about his economic plan, which you can go read while your editor makes coffee. [Wall Street Journal]
Hey there, Wonkeputians! Shypixel here with a few helpful links to ease your transition to Disqus - Claiming Old Accounts -
Claiming Your ID Comments [Looking into whether this is still possible - Shy] - Turning off Disqus Notifications. And, as always, remember our Commenting Rules For Radicals, Enjoy!