We are starting to get a little worried about the president. To review:
• “BUSH: I get briefed by Andy Card and Condi in the morning. They come in and tell me. In all due respect, you’ve got a beautiful face and everything.” [Wonkette]
• “Just two weeks ago, after some fraudulent economic policy rally, Bush looks at [a reporter with a major news weekly] and says, ‘Look at this guy smiling. What a beautiful face.’” [Wonkette]
• “Well, you got a pretty face,” [Bush] told the surprised Mr. Reid. He wasn’t done. “You got a pretty face,” he said again. “You’re a good-looking guy. Better looking than my Scott anyway.” [Wonkette]
Now we learn of these less-than-fully-repressed instances:
• “THE PRESIDENT: Yes, I’m ready. Tell us about how you started. I mean, here you are, a good looking guy, wondering what you’re going to do with yourself.” [WhiteHouse.gov]
• “Q: Since the Post reports that at that press conference, the media was glared at by Jenna Bush, who reportedly told a Secret Service officer, you know if anything happens to me, my dad would have your ass. . . ” [WhiteHouse.gov]
Normally, we’d let that ass reference slide (mmmm. . . sliding ass. . . ), but now. . .