This week, Condoleezza Rice, Llewellyn King, James Carville, Martha Raddatz, Karl Rove, and Ben Bernanke were all spotted being various degrees of famous at various places by our spies and operatives. Voyeuristic fun, as always, is after the jump.
See someone we’ve heard of somewhere in or near the district? Tell us about it in an email, with the subject line “Wonk’d” or “Sighting.”
* Saw Condi last night at 600 Restaurant at the Watergate around 7:15. In aprivate room waiting for her VIP (that’s what her security guys called him) Red jacket, black pants, blinds closed. Outside her date showed up with lots and lots of firepower. He was wearing a newsboy cap, and was stature-ly and age challenged. If I’m waiting around for a dude in a newsboy cap, it better be Brad Pitt. Girl, you can do better than this guy!
* A famous for DC type: My friend and I saw Llewellyn King having lunch at Bistro Bis today (11/29) around 1. Couldn’t tell if he was eating the sweetbreads or not though. We think it was a party of four (or possibly three), but we were so dazzled by his 20-watt celebrity that we didn’t notice anyone else.
* Saw ABC news correspondent Martha Raddatz today (Wednesday) around noon @ the corner of 17th & K. She was wear a short skirt and some fierce knee-high black boots. Apparently, she’s fond of her legs, thank you very much, because she brushed off the Results Gym recruiter who was trying to give her a free 2-week membership at their new downtown gym.
* I spotted Karl Rove, returning from a Thanksgiving in Texas (?) to BWI late Sunday night. Steerage on a Southwest 737 ain’t Air Force One, but I guess he’s back to flying coach with the rest of us. Although he did have a driver with an almost comical “K. Rove” sign on a clipboard waiting for him and his wife. He was also wearing a weird hat (perhaps in the hopes it would conceal his true identity) and carrying an iPhone.
* Spotted Ben Bernake [sic], the lord and savior of our mighty economy, at the Soviet Safeway on 14th and D SE. Couldn’t believe my eyes at first, but then I saw a guy in a fishing vest casually strolling behind him, who happened to have a huge wire jammed into his skull. This grand strategerizer was seriously considering his paper towel options.
* I saw the Ragin’ Cajun himself, James Carville, at Morton’s Steakhouse in Crystal City last week! He was with two late 20s / early 30s male associates. Neither of them were cute. But, I’m sure they were the best looking gay staffers he could pull in considering his looks! Hahaha j/k
Hey, speaking of Carville, he was seen eating in New York, too, with that wife of his: “Julian Schnabel, whose “The Diving Bell and the Butterfly” is getting rave reviews, dining with his two sons and Montauk neighbor Dick Cavett at Elaine’s amid the likes of James Carville, Mary Matalin and Lee Iacocca.” The man eats all over the coast, it appears.Related