- Bush gave speech in Salt Lake City yesterday that, “painted the war on terror as an epic struggle between good and evil.” [NYT]
- Iran’s refusal to halt nuclear program prompts Bush to call them a “grave threat” and declare “there must be consequences.” Sound familiar? [WP]
- Congressional Democrats plan to, “go for a no-confidence vote on Rumsfeld,” when they return to session next week. [WP]
- IRS concludes 2-year investigation into remarks by NAACP leader, allows them to keep “tax-emept” status. [WP]
- NASA issues Lock-Mart a 13-year, $8.1 billion contract to do some outer space stuff. [NYT, W$J]
- Many of the closely contested congressional seats are held by Republicans, including some of our favorites. [USAT]
June 18, 2013
Daily Briefing: Deja Vu All Over Again
To improve site performance, we did a thing. It could be up to three minutes before your comment appears. DON'T KEEP RETRYING, OKAY?
Also, if you are a new commenter, your comment may never appear. This is probably because we hate you.
blog advertising is good for you