- Iraq war to be central issue in November, “it’s the other guy’s fault” speeches to intensify over next two months. [WP, NYT]
- Ohio preserving paper ballots from 2004 presidential election to “study irregularities.” [NYT]
- California to have strongest limits on greenhouse gasses in nation, and initiate “a 25 percent reduction in carbon dioxide emissions by 2020.” [NYT, LAT, W$J]
- New Pentagon report reveals soldiers’ financial problems, use of predatory loan services. [USAT]
- Iran set to ignore today’s nuclear fuel production deadline, US set to push sanctions through UN. [NYT]
- Amount of nicotine in cigarettes up as much as 36% between 1998 and 2004, no word from cigarette companies on how that happened. [WP]
- Egyptian novelist and Nobel prize winner Naguib Mahfouz died yesterday at the age of 94. [WP]
May 23, 2013
Daily Briefing: The Ups and Downs of the Political Atmosphere, Actual Atmosphere
To improve site performance, we did a thing. It could be up to three minutes before your comment appears. DON'T KEEP RETRYING, OKAY?
Also, if you are a new commenter, your comment may never appear. This is probably because we hate you.
Previous post: Running With the Devil
blog advertising is good for you