- The administration moves to reclassify sensitive information on the US’s nuclear arsenal, like how many missiles we had in the 1960′s. [WP]
- European nations delay committing peacekeeping troops to Lebanon, play hot potato between giant international bureaucracies. [NYT]
- Only 20 are killed during annual Shiite pilgrimage in Baghdad, leading to praise for “draconian” security measures used to lower the death toll from last year’s 950. [LAT, NYT]
- JonBenet Ramsey suspect John Karr is flown to LA, no snakes aboard plane. [CNN]
- Next week is the anniversary of hurricane Katrina. New Orleans is still screwed, and Houston’s getting pissed. [USAT; LAT]
- As Saddam Hussein’s war crimes trial begins he still refuses to enter a plea or wear a tie. [WP, NYT]
May 24, 2013
Daily Briefing: Don’t Just Do Something, Sit There
To improve site performance, we did a thing. It could be up to three minutes before your comment appears. DON'T KEEP RETRYING, OKAY?
Also, if you are a new commenter, your comment may never appear. This is probably because we hate you.
blog advertising is good for you