- A U.N.-brokered Israel-Hezbollah cease-fire went into effect this morning, yet few believe that the cessation of hostilities will last. [NYT, WP]
- It was Hezbollah’s resillience that spurred the U.S. into diplomatic action. [NYT]
- The terror threat levels in Britain and the United States have been lowered and security precautions at airports are relaxing somewhat after a weekend free from toothpaste bombs. [NYT]
- Many incumbent Republican congressmen from Northeastern districts are distancing themselves from the administration in their reelection campaigns. [WP]
- Fidel Castro lives! And wears a track suit![LAT]
- Bill Gates thinks that pharmaceutical advances are necessary in order to best fight AIDS — but he can’t fund all the research.[CNN via Reuters]
December 9, 2013
Daily Briefing: Peace In Our Time?
To improve site performance, we did a thing. It could be up to three minutes before your comment appears. DON'T KEEP RETRYING, OKAY?
Also, if you are a new commenter, your comment may never appear. This is probably because we hate you.
Previous post: The Jerk Who Ruined Wonkette (Me!)