- As Homeland Security Advisor Frances Townsend urged Americans to remain calm and feel free to fly, British and American officials described the year-long probe that led to the arrest of two dozen alleged terrorists in Great Britain. [WP, AP]
- Liquid explosives: easy to make, more effective than dynamite, and impossible to screen for. [WP, NYT]
- Republicans, Democrats, and Joe Lieberman all claim terror helps their campaigns. [NYT, WP]
- Illegal immigration hasn’t hurt the US job market, a study finds. [WP]
- The UN is debating again an end to the month-long Israeli-Lebanese-Hezbollah war. US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is heading to New York. [BBC]
- Elsewhere at the UN: “Feminists are trying to use the United Nations to impose a radical agenda — including legalized prostitution.” [WT]
April 18, 2014
Daily Briefing: “It Is Safe to Travel”
To improve site performance, we did a thing. It could be up to three minutes before your comment appears. DON'T KEEP RETRYING, OKAY?
Also, if you are a new commenter, your comment may never appear. This is probably because we hate you.