- As rockets fired by Hezbollah penetrated deeper south into Haifa, Israeli troops briefly entered Lebanon to attack Hezbollah bases near the border. [AP]
- The president is torn between supporting Israel strongly and hoping they’ll show a little restraint. [NYT, NYT]
- President Bush’s foreign policy legacy may ride on how he handles this current middle east crisis, despite his apparent unpreparedness. [Newsweek]
- Liberal think tanks and advocacy groups are rolling in the dough, thanks to a network of some of the richest donors in the country. [WP]
- The wife of former State Department Asia hand Donald Keyser, currently under investigation for espionage, is a CIA officer currently working very closely with Director of National Intelligence John Negroponte. [Time]
- Federal aid is arriving to taxpayers displaced by Hurricane Katrina, in the form of $10 billion cash. [NYT]
- The Bush administration plans “sweeping changes in Medicare payments to hospitals.” [NYT]
- Joe Lieberman probably shouldn’t have kissed the President. [NYT]
- Some say the Israel lobby is too powerful in Washington. Others say that’s antisemitism. [WP]
- It’s gonna be a hot week. [WP]
May 25, 2013
Daily Briefing: Utmost Restraint
To improve site performance, we did a thing. It could be up to three minutes before your comment appears. DON'T KEEP RETRYING, OKAY?
Also, if you are a new commenter, your comment may never appear. This is probably because we hate you.
blog advertising is good for you