• Bush defends NSA eavesdropping and welcomes a congressional inquiry. [WP, NYT, USAT, WT]
• Redistricting increased the Democratic vote in Rep. Tom DeLay‘s Texas district. [NYT]
• Reps. John Boehner and Roy Blunt “engaged in an arms race over who supported the most stringent changes” to lobbying. [NYT]
• Some Republicans call for a re-vote of all House leadership positions on Feb. 2. [LAT]
• Congress is close to curtailing lobbying activity. [WP, USAT]
• The wall between lawmakers and lobbyists is “dismantling.” [WP]
• The White House is “considering expansions of several earlier proposals aimed at using market forces to improve the quality and restrain the rapidly rising cost of health care.” [W$J]
• Gov. Mark Warner says farewell to Virginia, plans to “check out the skiing in New Hampshire.” [WP]
July 26, 2014
To improve site performance, we did a thing. It could be up to three minutes before your comment appears. DON'T KEEP RETRYING, OKAY?
Also, if you are a new commenter, your comment may never appear. This is probably because we hate you.