Yes, we’re bringing this feature back at the very time everyone has left town. We’re drunk that way. We will, however, be accepting sightings of famous-for-D.C.-types spotted outside D.C. to compensate. To compensate for everyone being out of town, we mean. To compensate for being drunk we usually just promise we’ll work out the next day.
In this issue, a not-as-exciting-as-her-humping-her-boyfriend sighting of Jenna, Kucinich, Lehrer, Cooper, Gonzales, the Donald and Kerry.
Sightings are sent in by readers. Send yours to .All after the jump.
• Dear Wonkette,
Six of us were eating dinner at Guajillo on Wilson Blvd. in Arlington last night (7.15.05) around 8:45 p.m. when Jenna Bush and her tall, Republican-bred boyfriend, whose name escapes me [Henry Hager], walked in. She was wearing her usual loose-fitting, semi-hippie top, and the boyfriend was wearing a radioactive-green polo shirt. She looks thinner than she did during the campaign last year.
They were immediately seated at a two-person table along a wall, with Jenna’s back to the door. I called the manager over and informed him of who had just entered his restaurant. Not because I wanted her to receive special treatment, but because I figured that the restaurant, which is owned and managed by super-nice, pleasant people, should have the option of paying special attention to a customer it may deem important. The manager hadn’t noticed her, but once he saw her, he mentioned that she’s been in a few times, most recently for brunch.
My table was populated mostly with liberals (myself included), and everyone had to do a go-to-the-bathroom-and-check-her-out-on-the-way-back run. One of my inebriated friends thought it might be nice to go and explain to Jenna, slowly, that he thought that she was a moron, though likely vastly more intelligent than her father. But we convinced him that morons should be pitied, not heckled.
• I don’t know if his whole “who wants to date a presidential candidate” thing worked or not, but just saw Rep. Kucinich walking down Penn Ave in the Hawk and Dove area holding hands with a good looking red head about a foot taller than him, and another chick on the other side, who i’m guessing was a staffer, or maybe a fluffer, not sure.
Maybe Vegans do do it better
• The Mrs. and I were enjoying our traditional Hungover Saturday lunch at Cactus Cantina when Jim Lehrer was seated a couple of tables over. He was with his wife, son and daughter-in-law (I believe) and three well-behaved grandchildren. Mr. Presidential Debate Monitor looked fit and was pleasant to his family’s fajita server.
• James Carville spotted 1pm [7/22] eating by himself at “A La Lucia” in Old town. He was sitting alone in a window both, wearing a tight black t-shirt and *gasp* reading the sports section. Democrats do have more fun…
• Just spotted Matthew Cooper walking by the Time Inc. building by Rockefeller Center in NYC. The look was very “world weary” and “where’s lunch?”
• I saw Alberto Gonzales crossing the famous Congress Avenue Bridge [in Austin] last night after eating at some South Congress hip restaurant. He did not stop to watch the bats though…
• the donald and melania floating through the dca us airways terminal last thursday (7/21). melania was gorgeous, the donald’s hair was other-worldly.
• spotted John Kerry tonight [7/19] at Galileo right around the time Bush was announcing his nominee for the Supreme Court. Kerry was in a private room in the back, at the head of a table full of wealthy-looking people.