Morning Wonketariat! Here’s some of the things we may be talking about today.
- Trump told the Russian foreign minister and ambassador classified information about intel sources currently fighting ISIS/ISIL/Daesh/whatever because he’s busy presidenting, and that’s how you president (believe me). And anyway, Russia says it’s fake news — so bad. [Archive]
- Republicans and Democrats are freakout right now as they try to internalize their screams over what Strangeloveian lunacy Trump will bumble through next. I think they broke McCain!
- MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE WHITE HOUSE, staff members are running out of bushes to hide in their offices as the press corps storms the halls like Huns for quotes and Trumpian alternative facts.
- Sally Yates sat down with Anderson Cooper to call Mike Flynn a damn liar, which might be criminal, and say that Russia had “real leverage” over him.
- Nobody wants Senator John Cornyn to head the FBI, it’s nothing personal, they just think he might do a shitty job because he is a shitty person.
- Paul Ryan and Ted Cruz want to go “nuclear” on Obamacare, which is a poor choice of words considering how sick radiation makes people.
- WELL WHADDYA’ KNOW! A bunch of Republicans on the Hill seem to be walking away from Trump and Ryan’s golden shower border-tax that is SUPPOSED to fund the Tortilla Curtain.
- Trump will release his financial disclosures from the past year in a pathetic attempt to divert our attention for just a moment.
- Bibi Netanyahu has published transcripts of his meeting with Trump to discredit a Fox News reporter who implied that Bibi may have said moving the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem was a bad idea.[Archive]
- Texas wants Trump to give it some money for Planned Parenthood to help poor women with cancer, HIV, STDs, diabetes, high cholesterol and blood pressure, because they realize they made a mistake turning down the very same funding four years ago under Obama.
- Looks like WanaCry might be the North Koreans, and thank goodness we’ve got an irritable fatman with an ego in charge of things, otherwise we might have a really serious problem.
- Some wise-ass artist in D.C. thinks it’s funny to project the emoluments clause on the front interference of the Trump Hotel in D.C. so that foreign dignitaries know where to pay their bribes.
- People all over Washington are finding their lives a bit Spicey thanks to cutouts of Sean Spicer popping up in bushes.
- And here’s your late night wrap-up! Seth Meyers took on Trump’s commencement speech; Colbert leaked his monologue; The Daily Show realized that Trump is listening during intel briefings; and Jimmy Kimmel did Drunk Donald Trump, and exposed the secret that hoodies are the source of power for all hackers.
- And here’s your morning Nice Time! Baby Green Turtles!
Hey! Yr Wonkette is supported by readers like you, so donate/subscribe and we’ll keep giving you all hard-hitting and independent ‘splainerings, dick jokes, and mommy blogging you already love!