Morning Wonketariat! Here’s some of the things we may be talking about today.
- Everyone hates TrumpCare/WealthCare. The Senate is already rejecting it in favor of its own bill, doctors, hospitals and insurers hate it, and even Republicans secretly despise it.
- During a circle jerk with Rupert Murdoch last night, Trump praised the Australian healthcare system, a single-payer SocialistCare system, right before he simultaneously admitted and denied hanging up on and insulting the Australian Prime Minister.
Hungarian NaziSebastian Gorka is still hanging around the White House, saying that the Lügenpresse is full of lies!
- The House Intel committee gave itself a nice pat on the back after a Trump-Russia hearing yesterday, but they’re not telling anyone why because it’s a secret!
- Corey Lewandowski quit his shiny new lobbying firm after people started wondering why he wasn’t a registered lobbyist since his firm was picking up clients in Eastern Europe.
- Another ceasefire in Syria has people shaking hands and giving each other the side-eye because Russia is holding a gun to the heads of rebels.
- Federal authorities are going to need a bigger boat now that investigations into Fox News sexual harassment have to cover reports that Roger Ailes hired private dicks to spy on Gretchen Carlson and Andrea Mackris after they reported sexual harassment. [Archive]
- Fox News is also being sued by ANOTHER correspondent, Jessica Golloher, after she was “You’re Fired” for calling an attorney to discuss sexual harassment allegations.
- Fox Business is teaming up with FCC Chair Ajit Pai to try and “You’re Fired” American hero Stephen Colbert because he said bad words on teevee about what Putin’s puttin’ in Trump’s throat hole.
- Speaking of free speech, there’s one company that is providing a platform for Nazi hatespeech for websites like the Daily Stormer.
- HEY! Remember these four pieces of shit that voted to allow your Internet Service Providers to sell your browsing history? Well now there are billboards going up in their districts to make sure their constituents don’t forget that.
- GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! A judge has extended voter registration in Georgia’s 6th District through May 21, a big win for Jon Ossoff! [h/t C&L]
- And here’s your late night wrap-up! Seth Meyers took A Closer Look at TrumpCare; Colbert was simply wondering why the GOP is celebrating; Conan O’Brien held a Trump Off with Alex Baldwin; Samantha Bee had an unboxing video of TrumpCare; Trevor Noah can’t believe this shit; and Kristen Bell filled in for Jimmy Kimmel by helping some youths have a super nice-time prom proposal.
- And here’s your morning Nice Time! A derpy baby giraffe!
Hey! Yr Wonkette is supported by readers like you, so donate/subscribe and we’ll keep giving you all the hard-hitting and independent ‘splainerings, dick jokes, and mommy blogging you already love!