Hey there, Wonketariat! We hope you had as much fun as we did taking the vagenda to the streets this weekend! Trump’s people tried to shove a couple of things under the rug while we were fighting the good fight, so here’s some of the things that we should probably be talking about today, plus assorted nonsense we might NOT!
- Trump signed an executive order aimed at repealing the individual mandate built into the Affordable Care Act, signaling Trump’s intention of dismantling the health insurance for millions of people piece by piece.
- The LIBERAL Media is savagely brutalizing Trump’s flabby media arm after they blatantly lied about the number of people at the inauguration, a pathetic number that has left the administration full of butthurt and sadness.
- Liberal watchdogs will file a federal suit alleging Trump is in violation of the Emoluments Clause because they think some filthy foreigner from Not America could buy favors from the president.
- Ted Cruz is filled with longing and regret and doubled over with cash, so he’s dropped to his knees and is embracing his role as just another Trumpkin servant in the Senate.
- So much for Maverick! John McCain announced his support for Rex Tillerson which should come as a surprise to no one familiar with the ol’ WALNUTZ bait and switch.
- WikiLeaks’s love affair with Donald Trump might be faltering as WikiLeaks wants Donald Trump’s tax returns. Apparently, they’re mad that he lied. LOL!
- After spotting FBI Director James Comey in a crowd at the White House, Trump gave Comey a pat on the back and a firm
handjobhandshake, a move that has aroused more than suspicions.
- A few hundred people were arrested while protesting the inauguration Friday for rioting, a charge defense attorneys are calling hypocritical bullshit.
- Trump had a phone call with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu where they chit-chatted about plans to move the U.S. embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, a move that is making Palestinians and Arabs wonder how much more blood needs to be shed in Round 2 of the Nü Crusades, even if it’s not high on the administration’s To Do list.
- Buzzfeed’s Editor has an Op-Ed defending the publication of THE DOSSIER, which is sure to screw up the ethics lessons for journalism professors throughout the world.
- Dame Peggington Noonington has emerged from her palatial abode to decry that Trump has shaken her like a bad cocktail that’s light on gin. [Archive]
- Here’s some bonus Nice Time! It’s our Editirix on CNN ‘splainering things about all the ladies marching in the street with Jake Tapper.
[I am wearing MAKEUP! — Editrix]
- And here’s some musical nice time from SNL paying tribute to America’s new favorite deep-fried fibber and fashion failure, Kellyanne Conway!
- Finally, here’s your morning Nice Time, FLAMINGOS!