I’m Proud to be able to bring to you a New Wonkette Feature: a weekly round-up of Current Events in – SCIENCE!
Your Esteemed Editrix, Rebecca Schoenkopf, has pulled Yours Truly away from furiously carpet-bombing Wonkville with bizarre and disgusting Science Related Stories and given me the opportunity to do the same right here. Why it is that she thinks this would be a Good Thing is beyond me. I think it’s got something to do with all the Smart People playing here.
As I’ve been given no guidance other than “Go Forth and Science Blog,” I feel the need to set myself a few parameters. Let’s call them Rules for Free Radicals:
- All of the links I post here are genuine, peer-reviewed science taken from reputable scientific news organizations. Bad Science, Pseudoscience or Republican “Sound Science” will be duly noted and held up for Savage Mockery.
- In the event I find a story through a “News Aggregator,” I will make an effort to link to the original journal, if it’s not subscription-only or too technical. I’ll present the most informative story otherwise.
- All of my links will be Safe For Work – if Work allows you to surf the Internet looking at stars and weird animals all day long.
- No Ponies. No Palins. Non Negotiable (well, what you people do in the Comments section is wholly up to you).
- A note on Topicality: Posts are always considered Topical if I think they’re Cool, they have Cephalopods, they involve Scary Stuff You Should Know, or they’re Disgusting.
- Stories with Tentacles are Always Topical.
Well, that should be it, then. I’m sure something else will come up as this thing evolves (something always does). Shall we begin?
Submitted For Your Approval:
- Are you Upset? Depressed? Can’t wait for it all to end? Then just relax and let The Universe do it for you!
- In more Timely Apocalyptic News: Could Another Chelyabinsk-Scale Meteor Sneak Up on Us?
- Ever wake up after a night of Debauchery, feel for the swollen thing on top of your neck and wonder “Where did this come from?” Well, through the Wonders of Evolutionary Biology, now we know!
- “Friends! Romans! Countrymen! Print Me Your Ears!“
- Neat: Deepest undersea vents discovered by UK team (No, not those kind of Vents, Preverts).
- I know that many of you lie awake at night, wondering how Alligator Penises work. Well, now you know.
- WOOHOO: NASA Rover Confirms First Drilled Mars Rock Sample
- Two of my Favorite Things:Lobsters and Nebulae.Together at last!
- NASA says there’s a Huge hole in the Sun. Nothing to worry about, happens all the time – sort of.
Finally, here’s a closing number from – of course – The Scientists.
Well, that’s my First Ever Wonkette Science Post! I do hope you enjoyed this because I think it’s been great fun.
I have to say though, that getting the chance to Science Blog at Wonkette is like getting the chance to pornographically rearrange the store mannequins in Macy’s Window: I’m just going to run all out with this until someone comes along to make me stop.
GIVE US MONEY! -