- Heard on the Hill: Obama camp is a hotbed of illegal gaming… Rappers and politicos, sitting side by side… Rep. Paul Broun wants to make sure you pledge correctly. [Roll Call]
- Reliable Source: Jenna’s got the dress all picked out… “Do I Hear a Blood Curdling Scream?”… Straight from the ass’s mouth. [WP]
- Yeas and Nays: Tax Day makes conservatives cry… Rep. Ted Poe reads from the family newsletter on the House floor. [Examiner]
- In the Know: Rep. Bono Mack isn’t a fan of Blow… The Pope’s not just coming to D.C. — he’s getting his hair cut, too!… Sen. Ken Salazar and his dog Sen. Mike Enzi are friends till the end. [The Hill]
- Shenanigans: Arena Stage’s production of Play On has got some Capitol talent. [Politico]
- And our beloved Intern Elise is leaving us, for New York City and the glamorous world of Daytime Teevee. Read her sad good-bye, after the jump!
Dearest Wonkette readers,
Alas, today will be the last of my Gossip Roundups. For the last 10 months, come hell or horrid hangover, I have dragged myself out of bed at 11 a.m., turned on The View, and made awful puns just so you could have a few chuckles.
I’ve learned a lot from my time here. From Joy, I learned that enough confidence allows you to pull off big hair. Elizabeth taught me that you’re never too old to throw a temper tantrum. Sherri made me question whether the Earth was, in fact, round. Barbara gave me assurance that, even when I’m old and senile, I will still think I’m adorable. And, most importantly, Whoopi let me know that it’s possible to keep your cool even when everyone around you is completely insane.
I liked to think of the Gossip Roundup as my own little version of Hot Topics, though that might be giving myself too much credit. Really, though, I loved writing for you all — I laughed when you one-upped me, I winced when you made fun of my bad grammar, and I enjoyed every second of it.
[Thank you Elise, and for Wonk'd, too! Have fun in NYC and say hi to Maury. Come back in the Fall! -- Ed.]