* Create your own Lite-Brite artwork at the Hirshhorn After Hours to celebrate the opening of “Directions — Virgil Marti and Pae White.” Ian Svenonius DJs and at 11PM, Curator Anne Ellegood leads a late-night tour of the things that light up . Cash bar, $12 at 8PM. [Hirshhorn]
* This is a Macbeth unlike anything you have ever seen or heard. Perseverance Theatre, based in Juneau, Alaska, comes to Washington for eight performances of Shakespeare’s play in a production that uses Tlingit-inspired sets and costumes and incorporates the language, music, and dance of this rich Native culture. $25 at 7:30PM. [Smithsonian]
* Majik Markers (on Thurston Moore’s Ecstatic Peace) with Ultimate VAG (mem. of Kohoutek/To Live & Shave in L.A.), Facemat and Harrius at the Warehouse Next Door. $8 at 9:30PM. [WND]
* Second ever Infamy at the 9:30 Club with a performance by Soft Complex, DJ Will Eastman and a screening of a short local film with footage of the Raveonettes, Ian Svenonius and ???Matthew Lesko??? Think of it as an opportunity to have sex with someone in a bathroom. $10 at 11PM. [9:30 Club]
* Christina Kahrl, Steve Goldman and others talk about Baseball Prospectus 2007 at Politics & Prose. “As spring training begins, join us for baseball discussion, and tap the editors’ encyclopedic knowledge.” Free at 6PM. [P&P]
* Robert Kennedy’s daughter, Kathleen Kennedy Townsend discusses faith and politics. “Personal anecdotes, including the text of a note from her father, Robert Kennedy, written to her on the morning of her uncle John F. Kennedy’s funeral, make this a personal discussion of faith, religious history, and politics.” Free at 5PM. Politics & Prose. [P&P]
* The Horrors, The Films, The Hall Monitors at the Rock and Roll Hotel. $12 at 9PM. [R&R Hotel]
* Hang out with Ian Svenonius.